ARE YOU ON HOLD
Many times God will allow a painful situation or a painful circumstance in our life to "swallow us up." This season in our spiritual growth is a holding pattern. We can't move to the left or the right. All we can do is sit, like Jonah had to in the belly of that great fish, so God can have our undivided attention and speak to us. God allowed Jonah to be put in a holding pattern because He needed to speak to his heart. He needed Jonah's undivided attention. He needed Jonah to listen and be obedient. And there Jonah sat, all alone, no friends to call, no colleagues to drop by, no books to read, no food to eat, no interference, and no interruptions.
He had plenty of time to sit, think, meditate, and pray and listen to what the Lord had to say.When we're deep down in the midst of a difficult situation, shut off from everyone that's when God can talk to us. That's when He has our undivided attention, that's when He can show us things about ourselves that we might not otherwise have seen. That's when we can hear what the Lord has been trying to tell us.
A Few of God's Holding Patterns:
- When you are sick in your physical body and you have prayed but God has not healed you, you are in a holding pattern
- When you are having problems with your children and you have put them on the altar, but God has not delivered them, you are in a holding pattern.
- When you have been praying for the salvation of a loved one and they still haven't been saved, you are in a holding pattern
- When you are in a broken relationship and you have given it over to God, but it has not been restored, you are in a holding pattern.
- When the doors slam shut before you can knock on them, you are in a holding pattern.
We must remember to praise Him while we are in the holding pattern. And know that God has a reason, a purpose, and a plan behind the hold. His plan is to strengthen you, to give you hope, and a prosperous future.
So stop struggling and start listening, praying and trusting. He'll keep you right where you are until you can clearly hear Him what He is saying to you, and one thing He wants you to hear is "I love you, I'm with you, trust Me."
ARE YOU ON HOLD?
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.
Remember this: There is nothing that you will face today that the Lord can't bring you through. I'm praying that the peace of God will flood your soul, and send any fears holding you back running, so that the vision the Lord has given you will come to pass.
Thank God for what you have, Trust God for what you need.