By Sheri & Bob Stritof,
Wives of gay or bisexual men are often the last to know about the dual deception of their husbands. Gay or bisexual men who have married straight spouses have been successfully hiding their sexual orientation for many years, so hiding an affair is not that difficult for them. How Can You Know if Your Husband is Gay or Bisexual?
Realistically, unless your husband admits to his sexual orientation, you will not know for sure. The so-called signs of a gay or bisexual person such as the way the individual dresses, talks, walks, or looks, preferring anal sex, watching porn, homophobic behavior, or hanging out with friends of the same sex are often behavior traits of heterosexual individuals. Don't Jump to Conclusions
Honest Communication is the Best Approach
When It is Time to Move On With Your Own Life
It doesn't matter if your husband is gay or not, if many of these statements describe your marriage, you need to ask yourself if you really want to be married to someone you have so little trust in and who doesn't appear to care if your marriage lasts.
- Your husband won't see a counselor with you.
You both seem to be pick-pick-picking at one another.
- The negativity in your marriage has increased.
- You are both keeping score about who did what when.
- You can't see anything but your spouse's shortcomings and ways you want your spouse to change.
- Your sex life with one another has ceased to exist.
- You walk on egg shells around your spouse to avoid conflict.
- The two of you have stopped having dates or time alone together.
- You feel trapped, crippled, or stifled.
- You feel disconnected from one another.
- The trust in your marriage has deteriorated to the point where you are considering spying on your spouse.